When childcare costs are soaring why would anyone pay the higher costs associated in using a babysitting agency? You know that's a pretty good question and worth addressing. As a babysitting agency owner I hear constant complaints about the high cost of childcare, and that it just isn't worth paying an agency fee on top of the hourly rate to the childcare provider. Using an agency isn't for everyone, and you need to evaluate whether or not it is of value to you and your family. Here is a brief list of benefits (and there are more) you can enjoy when going through an agency):
- You will have more than one babysitter at your fingertips for dates, school cancellations, sickness, and other emergencies that arise from time-to-time.
- You will have more freedom to enjoy time together when YOU want to schedule that time, and not depend on the schedule of the one or two babysitters you know and use.
- If you have applied and signed up with an agency you will normally be covered on-demand OR when a spontaneous occurrence arises (tickets to a game or concert suddenly become available).
- You have access to statements of childcare expenses for tax right-offs at the end of the year.
- The agency also pays the babysitters so you don't have to worry about stopping at the bank to get cash, or writing a check or even having cash on hand. You can use a credit card instead.
These are just a few of the benefits you get when you decide to utilize an agency. There are a lot more like not having to interview or find babysitters yourself. Like I mentioned before, not everyone will choose to use a babysitting agency but there are benefits to using one.