The Coronavirus has changed everything and babysitters are being innovative in their approach to your changing childcare needs. Babysitters need to be more flexible, conscientious, and willing to take on a lot more roles then they used to. Some of these innovations are subtle and some of them are a complete change to the way babysitters have ever experienced in their
field of babysitting.
- Virtual babysitting is huge and babysitters need to be able to be able to invent ways to keep kids entertained for up to an hour. A lot of babysitting agencies are offering this alternative at this time.
- Teacher's Assistants during school closures and online learning becomes necessary. They now need to be able to follow a curriculum and work in tandem with teachers.
- If babysitters become Teacher's Assistants they need to know how to handle behavior issues and be able to effectively and positively handle them in a "classroom" setting.
- They MUST be aware of health concerns, aware of their health, and what needs to be done to ensure a family stays safe and away from any Coronavirus spread.
- Check in with parents about what the parents expect during this pandemic, and adhere to these rules just as they adhere to bedtimes, snacks and or allergies to name a few.
We are living in a much different time due to the Coronavirus and it is up to everyone to keep our children safe. We will always need babysitters and we should feel safe in getting them to assist parents during this stressful time. This epidemic has influenced our home lives in such a way that stress on parents is greater than, and they need relief more than ever. With that being said babysitters, that truly love children, are adapting to what is expected of them and they are on top of what is needed of them.